Gynaecology and Obstetrics Department
Gynaecology refers to the medical and surgical specialism that treats diseases of the female reproductive system (uterus, vagina and ovaries).
Within the medical work we perform in the department, the following should be highlighted:
- Control of normal and high-risk pregnancy, with special attention to older women, twin pregnancies, and those with gestational diabetes and hypertension.
- Care in low-risk births. Fit ball techniques, skin-on-skin in labour and caesareans. We give personalised support to breastfeeding women, as well as labour preparation courses with a guided tour of the centre.
- Routine gynaecological review with pap smear, ultrasound and breast cancer screening.
- Pre-conception study consultation. Pregnancy planning. Repeated miscarriage study.
- Family planning and contraception consultation. IUD ion. Tubal ligation by laparoscopy. Insertion of hysteroscopic Essure for tubal occlusion.
- Prenatal diagnostic Unit: high-resolution 3D/4D ultrasound, non-invasive genetic test of maternal blood, chorial biopsy and amniocentesis.
- Public and private umbilical cord blood ion.
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery, hysterectomy and laparoscopic myomectomy, laparoscopic oncological surgery. Endometriosis surgery.
- Hysteroscopy Unit: diagnostic and therapeutic hysteroscopy. Polypectomy, myomectomy and reparation of uterine defects with bipolar electrode, without the need for admission or anaesthesia.
- In the department we have the Medical Oncology and Breast Cancer Unit, with sentinel node study and immediate breast reconstruction.
- Digital mammography, tomosynthesis and MRI for early diagnosis of breast cancer. Personalised assessment by the plastic surgery department to achieve the best cosmetic results possible in each case. Cancer Care and Advice Unit with the appropriate psychotherapeutic support.
- Pelvic Floor Unit. Postpartum al study. Pelvic floor physiotherapy and Pilates. Minimally invasive urinary incontinence surgery. Laparoscopic colposacropexy.
- Endocrinology and menopause. Treatment of climacteric symptoms. Special attention to vulvar pathology in this stage.
- Cervical and Vulvar Pathology Unit. Latest generation colposcopy. Human papillomavirus test. Vaccination and advice. As well as diagnosis and treatment of vulvar warts and sexually transmitted infection consultation.
CONNECTED MULTIDISCIPLINARY UNITS:
Back to the list of specialist areas